It’s that time of year where many of us take time off for the remainder of the month to celebrate the holidays and think deeply about our new goals ahead.
What are you thankful for this holiday season? Is it related to WordPress, or part of your career as a WordPress Professional? Something else? Hit reply and let me know.
Over the past year, I’m thankful for meeting new people in the WordPress community, watching the software evolve, and of course how this project continues to serve me professionally. I think that’s a rare thing to say for others advocating more “modern tools.”
I think of Shopify, Wix, or Webflow…are the professional implementers in those markets feeling as appreciative this holiday season? Do other tools leave a similar impact?
Often times, the WordPress community feels like that quibbling family gathered around the dinner table, holiday music playing, kids running through the rooms making a ruckus. Adults talking politics and reflecting on what a crazy year it’s been. Soon dinner will be served, desserts passed around, and gifts opened.
Another year gone by. My how it moves so fast.
What will WordPress look like this time next year? Where will our colleagues be? Our friends from Twitter/X, WordCamps, and livestreams?
I’m thankful for where we are, right now, in this moment. I’m thankful for everyone that has supported the work Eric, Raquel, and I have put into the WP Minute. I’m thankful for you reading this right now.
Let’s make 2024 a great time to be part of WordPress. To watch us thrive.
The news doesn’t stop! Here are some important links this week.
- Gutenberg 17.3 Introduces an view of revision changes to global styles
- Fresh off the heels of State of the Word 2023, the Plugin Review Team calls fore more volunteers.
- Kinsta is the target to Google phishing ads
- Ars Technica reports that Adobe gives up on $20 billion acquisition of Figma
- WPFounders reaches 100 founder interviews
- OMGIMG Built a social preview web app.
- I interviewed Alex Borto from WPTurbo about his AI snippet tool AI and WordPress: How WPTurbo is Shaping the Future
Videos of the week!
I’ve got two new videos for you this week. A perfect break over the holiday week.
A livestream with James LePage on using CodeWP.ai for building WordPress plugins with AI
I previewed what’s coming in Search & Filter 3.0 in their latest beta 3.x version